Before The Spray Tan Session
- Exfoliate – prep the skin by removing dead skin and creating a smooth surface for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on dry areas such as knees, elbows, feet and hands.
- Never use a loofah or anything hard or oily on skin
- Shave – within 24 hours prior to sunless application
- Avoid Moisturizing – with lotion, especially those with a high amount of silicone, at least two hours prior to sunless tanning as lotions can create a barrier.
- For best results use products specifically formulated for sunless prep and post treatment sold only in salons.
- Always watch the instruction video provided at the salon.
After The Spray Session
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes to and from the sunless tanning session. Do not wear wool, nylon or silk immediately after a sunless session
- Wait at least 6 – 12 hours before showering. The longer you wait, the better.
- Don’t worry if color is seen washing off the skin during the first shower, this is only the immediate cosmetic bronzer. What is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan!
- Do not moisturize, swim, or exercise until after the first shower.
- Do not exfoliate for at least 48 hours after a sunless tanning application
- Moisturize daily with a tan extender, starting after the first shower, to help maintain a longer – lasting tan.
- If the color starts to fade unevenly or if the sunless tan needs a color boost – apply a self tanner!